Is there a magic marketing bullet? No, just a set of effective BBs.

One of the secrets to a successful marketing consultancy is the ability and willingness to pivot on an almost daily basis. This means being open to new marketing tools, evaluating them for each client and adopting what is truly cost effective. It also means standing strong when clients balk at using legacy tools, such as media releases and blogs, as long as they still work. And explaining why some tools, that everyone else is using, such as Facebook, are probably not going to be cost-effective. So, years of experience have taught me that there is no magic bullet, but there are proven marketing principles and dozens of tools that can be very effective when customized for each individual clie

What the sales team wants marketing to do for them

According to recent research conducted by Phoenix-based demand generator Televerde what B2B sales leaders want most from their marketing departments are better messaging and more qualified leads. The report was based on a survey of 200 sales leaders who sell B2B products or services; 25% work for companies with an annual revenue of $1B or more. Following is the full run down of how sales says marketing can help their efforts: [if !supportLists]1. [endif]Better messaging: 43% [if !supportLists]2. [endif]More qualified leads: 40% [if !supportLists]3. [endif]Better marketing materials 35% [if !supportLists]4. [endif]More case studies/testimonials: 34% [if !supportLists]5. [e

So what is real value of SEO for small tech companies?

The following post and attached graphic are from a 9/13/17 Marketing Profs blog post by Laura Forer titled 13 Statistics That Prove the Value of SEO. The infographic was generated by Octos. Here is what caught my eye: 4 out of 5 marketing influencers (81%) say their SEO strategy is successful. SEO is 85% more likely to drive website traffic than PPC (pay per click) advertising. SEO is not easy. Ranking high in search results, generating traffic, and determining ROI are major barriers. 50% say that driving traffic to the website is the most important outcome of SEO. 34% of brands use exclusively in-house resources to manage SEO, while the other 66% either outsource or employ a combination of

What makes a compelling email for a technology company?

So you have a small technology company and need to make personal connections in order to bring in new business. You are probably using email to get visitors to your website, right? If you don’t have an ecommerce site, the question is why? It is extremely unlikely that even the very few people that click thru to the site are going to fill out a request for contact or engage in live chat (you do need these tools just in case, though). The truth is, if strategically designed, it is fairly easy to get a high open rate, but click thru rates are another story. There are reasons for this that have nothing to do with the strength of the email. For example, more people are opening emails on mobil

What are effective digital marketing trends for small tech companies?

The attached infographic, created by Bubblegum Search, is from a Sept. 1. Marketing Profs post. You probably won’t be able to read it, but you can check out the entire infographic here: https://www.marketingprofs.com/chirp/2017/32630/the-most-important-b2b-digital-marketing-trends-and-stats-of-2017-infographic?adref=nlt090117. The gist of this is to be mindful of how the buying influencer mindset is changing (and not changing). Among the stats highlighted in the infographic are the following: 71% of B2B researchers begin with a generic Google search Over half of B2B researchers are Millennials. LinkedIn is still considered the most effective was to reach buyers Only 33% of B2B brands use Ins

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags

Member

Intel Marketing Advisory Panel/Platinum Partner

MIT Technology Review Global Panel

Harvard Business Review Advisory Board

American Mensa

Contact

T: 630-363-8081

info@smartprcommunications.com

Naperville, Illinois

Chicago LaSalle

Minneapolis

  • LinkedIn B&W
  • Twitter B&W

© 2017 Smart PR Communications